Here’s my first post for the annual countdown organized by Ann of Blogdorf Goodman. 2007 has been quite a year and I’m excited to face the new one with you all. I’ve tried lots of new beauty things as always but the best part is that I got a place to organize my thoughts about them on this blog, and now I’d like to present my favorites…
1. I’m very new to Eve Lom but it’s made quite the impression on me. The scent is clean and fresh, it goes on white so you have to work it in which I like. Eve Lom moisturizer left my skin feeling amazing, I need to get some more of this in 2008.
2. Standing most of the day on hard floors and sweating in my UGGS really takes a toll on my feet, not to mention stepping on lego pieces and barbie shoes – ouch. By the end of the day I’m ready for something that is going to make my feet feel good. DDF Pedi Creme to the rescue.
3. If you like to do several things at once, Self Tanning Amazing Soap is great. Just lather up in the shower and it tans you safely, no odor, no sticky messes, no stains on your clothes! The soap lathers really well and leaves you with a clean feeling.
4. Mane ‘n Tail Shampoo is shampoo on the cheap, I like it because it has little scent and lathers up beautifully but rinses F-A-S-T! Look for it at beauty supply stores or in the pet section.
5. I like to shop in twos, get something expensive and something cheap. Saving a little gives you the freedom to spend a little more and get a wonderful Molton Brown shampoo. I had the one with lili pilli and loved it!
6. I started wearing Chanel Gardenia when I was pregnant with girl2004 (or was it girl2006?) I am really getting old because I can’t remember at all, anyway… I really wanted a signature scent and I stumbled onto it at the right time because then I found out Gardenia was limited in the U.S. I’ve since read that it doesn’t even have Gardenia in it, pretty sneaky Chanel! I still love it, and I only have 1/2 a bottle left of my last bottle, I knew I should have bought more when I was in Paris but didn’t and I don’t want to pay the high prices I see it commands, I will branch out in 2008 and try new and exciting scents.
7. For my cheeks Stainiac was a great new thing. It lasts forever and I can’t help but sing to the tune of “mainiac, mainiac, on the floor…” during application.
8. YuBE soft has answered a prayer about boy2001’s hands… they were so dry from the harsh weather, nothing could soothe them until I found this stuff. If you have really dry skin this is great with a light camphor scent.
I kept my list short and sweet but you can bet it will be much longer next year!! A big thank-you to Ann for organizing all this for us! Find some more Favorite Things 2007 at these links:
Tags: best beauty, blog, blue satin, chanel, chanel gardenia, ddf, eve om, fake tan, feet, mane -039n tail, moisturizer, nail polish, orlane, self tanning, shampoo, stainiac, tarte