Straight from the press release… I love the idea of the fairytale look so much I need to share in some way. I would kill for skin like hers and would surely invest in the NARS skincare to look like that! the makeup is light and natural, so fresh, totally love it because I could actually wear that look every day. I like fashion shows but many times the looks are incredibly hard to achieve, not so with NARS.
NARS Cosmetics was backstage creating the makeup look for Marchesa’s Autumn/Winter 2009 show. The lead artist was Talia Shobrook and she followed the wild brows, matte skin trend.
Inspiration: Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig created their Fall 2009 collection with fairytales in mind. To highlight this theme, Talia Shobrook created a whimsical look from her vision of a naughty aristocrat running out of a party, “like a young girl going into the woods wearing a gorgeous ball gown, putting on makeup rather naively,” she explained.
Here are some tips from the press release to get the same look yourself.
- Lightly exfoliate and smooth skin with NARSskin Hydrating Freshening Lotion
- Moisturize with NARSskin Aqua Gel Hydrator
- Use NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (NEW for Fall 2009) in the center of the face and buff out for a neutral base
- Apply NARS Concealer generously, to cover any imperfections
- Apply NARS Loose Powder for matte finish
- Apply NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Kilimanjaro (icy yellow and icy blue sides) to entire lid, all the way to the brow, in a block shape, not blending
- Apply NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Madrague (cream side) on top
- Dash of the brown in NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Madrague (caramel side) into the inner top corners of the brows, pushing the hair in opposite directions
- Curl lashes with NARS Eyelash Curler
- Coat top lashes with NARS Larger than Life Volumizing Mascara in Black (NEW for Fall 2009)
- Massage light layer of NARS Lip Lacquer in Chelsea Girls
- Apply a bit of NARS Concealer to center of lip for matte look
Visit NARS for all the product picks.