Burn that image into your head and next time you go shopping for skincare make sure you look for the Natural Products Association (NPA) seal. This seal is marking a new era for consumers, no more confusion about what is natural and what is not.
Under the new program, products must follow strict guidelines set out by the Natural Products Association to merit bearing the seal. The criteria include, but are not limited to:
- Product must be made up of at least 95 percent truly natural ingredients or ingredients that are derived from natural sources
- No ingredients with any potential suspected human health risks
- No processes that significantly or adversely alter the purity/effect of the natural ingredients
- Ingredients that come from a purposeful, renewable/plentiful source found in nature (flora, fauna, mineral)
- Processes that are minimal and don’t use synthetic/harsh chemicals or otherwise dilute purity
- Non-natural ingredients only when viable natural alternative ingredient are unavailable and only when there are absolutely no suspected potential human health risks
I am super excited about this program because buying products is very confusing, consumers tend to think the term, natural, is being regulated but it is not. This seal is really going to help people make choices in skincare so be sure to look for it. Find out more at the NPA website.
Tags: care, confusion, cosmetics, health, natural, Natural Products Association, NPA, products, safety, seal, skin, skincare