I’ve been tagged! I love memes and stuff so my latest visit to Jamie’s beauty blog, The Beauty of Life, was even better than usual because I was tagged for the wildest new meme sweeping the blogosphere. No waiting, here are my answers!
My Five Must-Not Have Items
1. Light colored “frost” lipsticks that make me (and most (all?) women) look like they came up from the morgue.
2. Cheap plastic combs, remember the ones you got right before you to the photog to take your school picture? They are still handing them out to poor school kids on picture day! the worst part is the kids like them and you have to throw them away while they sleep lest grandma comes over and puts them in her purse! These little combs are very fine toothed, feel horrible and are very damaging to your hair.
3. Vanilla scented items, yuck, awful. I don’t think I could get over the scent of anything vanilla on my skin. It smells cheap and used. I can’t remember the products I’ve tested with this scent because I quickly dispose of them. Keep away from scents that don’t make you feel luxurious. (FYI: I DO love vanilla ice-cream!)
4. Small bars of soap irk me, they are a must-not-have! Who wants to be in the shower or tub with a tiny sample sized soap?!? not me, I want a big bar that’s easy to grip and impossible to lose.
5. This next one may step on toes but oh well, the truth must be told. There are few topics that can mobilize moms like sanitizing kids hands with products like Purell. Germ-Killers are on my must-not-have list because if they kill germs what do you think they’re doing to you on the inside? Kids put their hands in their noses, eyes and mouths continuously and licking this stuff is horrible. As for adults, I guess limited use would be ok, but most people that use these things are compulsive. It’s much easier for adults to wash hands.
My Five Biggest Beauty Crimes
1. Wearing a pony tail/bun most of the last 5 years. Being a stay-at-home-mom responsible for three other people most days, I don’t want to worry about my hair sticking to my face, if it’s up it’s out of my way.
2. Being in a rut, looking the same and safe. I need a makeover with a cutting edge. I want to feel younger and more glam than I do.
3. Being a cheapskate. Not buying the really great products (sometimes!!) I want because of the sticker shock. And/or using minute amounts of the good stuff instead of using enough product to make a difference.
4. Not getting my eyebrows waxed in a timely manner. My eyebrows make or break my look. They grow back fast and I have to wax every two weeks. I don’t touch up with tweezers usually so I go with straggly hairs from 11th day. It’s really hard to get to the salon I go to with the kids and I don’t want to waste our family weekend time in a salon.
5. Not getting enough beauty sleep. I concentrate on kids all day, usually blogging by night. Sometimes I go overboard and stay online way past my bedtime and wake up with red eyes. The good thing is it’s temporary, two more years girl2006 will be in preschool and my older two will be full days!
Tags: beauty, beauty blog, beauty crimes, list, meme, memes