A guide to the pieces every stylish woman must own…
That blurb somes it all up, 100 pieces that will keep you in style possibly forever. I LOVE this book and I’m dreaming about the day I can actually shop (come on January!). I’d like to share with you my first five purchases, inspired by this book…
- Wellington boots, I KNOW I’ll get plenty of use here in Maine
- Spanx, I currently only have ASSETS from Target
- Stubbs & Wootton Euro/Dollar slippers which I must admit I thought were horrible at first but after lusting after them for a few weeks I finally want in a bad way.
- A new Hermes scarf in red, my old Hermes scarf is so used it’s not even funny, sure I have plenty of others but there’s nothing like Hermes!
- AND and investment bag, hopefully a Longchamp in mocha brown
So there you have my little list, the only thing I totally don’t get in the book is #87 for Turquoise jewelry. Perhaps I’m sensitive to it but Turquoise doesn’t strike me as a classic item in a good way. Opals on the other hand would have been so much classier a pick in my opinion. There are many more items that I do want to own, Nina Garcia’s list is the definitive one for all women. In times of financial insecurity at least you know your money is going to work for you season after season.
The 100 by Nina Garcia, Illustrations by Ruben Toledo